16 February 2008

Untitled

My writinG bearS your name, yet thoSe who read it Still wonder.
I lay awake at night, makinG conSCiouS effort not to think of you. I pray for Sleep and as it Sweeps to Claim me, I CrinGe at the prospect of dreaminG of you. But I will dream. I alwayS do.
MomentS where I miGht forGet, where I miGht walk away with love and pain behind me, do not Come.

I inhale and your SCent iS on the breeze. I CloSe my eyeS and your Smile iS behind my eyelidS. I Swallow and I Can taSte you. I feel you when there is nothinG beneath my handS but air, and your voiCe trickleS into everythinG my earS hear. My memorieS, my thouGhts of the future, my every moment iS themed around you. WaS there no me before there waS an uS?

There'S no one left with whom to talk. No one left who haSn't attempted to Carry my heart'S burden and found it too heavy, too Sharp, too Slippery, or juSt plain too much. It'S too much to Share but I Carry it alone. Every day, without pauSe.
I Can't be helped and I Can't help myself.

No comments: